Have you for once taken the time to find out how fast a 250cc dirt bike can go? Learning and knowing the average maximum speed of a 250cc dirt bike will go a long way to tell you many things on the road in the saddle of this type of motorcycle.
If you ask me how fast a 250cc engine motocross bike is, I’ve gotten enough answers to help you overcome the puzzle. You’ve longed to be on top speed and enjoy every fun and time on the road, but the bike in your garage doesn’t and can’t offer the real power you need.
Depending on the type of engine the dirt bike has, your max speed will vary. All in all, a 250cc dirt bike has a max speed of 75 miles per hour usually. If you compare 2-stoke vs. 4-stroke dirt bikes, you can see there is a difference in speed.
I can assure you that with a 250cc dirt bike, setting out on an adventure is as effortless as you can imagine. The speed, the power, the performance, the torque, and fuel efficiency are assured even when you’re on top speed with your 250cc dirt bike.
In this post, I’ve researched three of the top best 250cc dirt bikes that deliver high speed and real, great power.
How to Reach Top Speed With a 250cc Dirt Bike
Now, how do you hope to reach top speed with 250cc dirt bikes? Achieving a maximum speed with a 250cc dirt bike isn’t cast in stone. The health and age of your dirt bike matter as much as the quality of its parts and accessories, as well as the frequency of its scheduled maintenance. Hence, bear in mind that these factors count and will tell whether you’ll reach top speed with your 250cc dirt bike.
If you’ve taken all precautions but discover that your 250cc dirt bike isn’t reaching top speed, then you’ll need to understand the following:
- Two-stroke vs. four-stroke: Typically, two-stroke engine bikes produce better speed but less potent than their two-stroke engine counterparts. You’ll need to find out the type of engine in your dirt bike to determine why it’s producing a better speed.
- Age/Pressure of tires: One other important point to note is the age of your tires and the level of inflation. Usually, new tires give better speed due to their capacity to deliver at their best, unlike the old ones. Also, bike tires that are either over-inflated or under-inflated don’t provide a great result on the road. You’ll need to check the recommended pressure meant for your tires.
- Inspect Air Filter: The air filter in your 250cc dirt bike engine is responsible for preventing the buildup of dirt, debris, sticks, and sand. Find out if the air filter needs to be cleaned or replaced. If the air filter is blocked with debris, there’s a high chance that your dirt bike with work at a deficient speed.
- Bike suspension: One factor that will make your 250cc dirt bike reach maximum speed is to ensure it’s running on the right suspension. Typically, 250cc dirt bike suspension –responsible for providing a comfortable ride and better control − requires regular maintenance.
- Check the Engine Radiator: Is your dirt bike liquid-cooled or air-cooled? Heat transfer in a dirt bike is significant because they’re primarily intended for adventure and will produce much heat. Your radiator must ensure close contact with the hot coolant, which the engine releases with the external air. Overheating can cause a bike not to reach top speed.
- Use recommended engine oil: Each of 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines has their respective recommended engine oil. Read the owner’s manual to know what kind of oil is to be used for your bike. If you use the wrong one, the oil filter may get blocked and could cause severe damage to your bike engine.
Best 250cc Dirt Bike Models For Max Speed
If you’re on any of these bikes, I’ll describe here; you can be sure you’ll get the maximum speed you desire. We call them the best 250cc dirt bikes for maximum speed.
But don’t forget to keep in mind those factors and work on any of them that may cause issues in the final analysis.
1. Apollo DB-G011 250cc Dirt Bike 70+ MPH
The Apollo DB-G011 250cc Dirt Bike is a great piece when you need to achieve maximum speed on a dirt bike. Powered by the latest design of a super-fast and potent 2-stroke single-cylinder, air-cooled, 5-speed engine, this bike comes with a high-quality suspension for better handling and comfortable ride. The drivers also feature electric and kick starters and can deliver a maximum of 17 horsepower.
Featuring an inverted front fork and a manual 5-speed transmission, this model is incredible for all your adventure and racing outing. With all-terrain front tires that measure 21-inch and rear tires of 18-inch, you can be sure of rising on any tracks. The front and rear brakes are hydraulic press, and they guarantee precise and powerful stops.
- Engine: 250cc, 2-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder
- Weight: 440lb
- Fuel capacity: 2.11 gal
- Max speed: 70+MPH
2. ROKETA 250cc Dirt Bike 60 MPH
With a quite stylish look and unusual design, the Roketa Dirt Bike-08-250 (LHJ) Dirt Bike comes atop when we talk about the best 250cc dirt bike that guarantees max speed. It features durability, full-sized 250cc, and a gas saver capable of reserving as much as 90-100 MPG for you.
This super off-road traveler will ride on paved terrain with ease thanks to its powerful 4-stroke, gas-powered, air-cooled, easy-to-start engine that defies all the terrain-restricted conditions.
The front and rear brake system make this model an amazing one. This is because you’ll be comfortable applying the brakes with immediate stopping with no jerks or delay. Max Power: 17hp
Approved for off-road riding, the ROKETA-8-250(LHJ)comes as a comfortable bike thanks to its large pneumatic tires that stand sturdy with firm traction on rugged and tough grounds.
- Engine: 4-stoke, air-cooled
- 4 stroke engine
- Fuel efficient
- Top speed: 60mph
- CDI ignition
- 250cc big sized dirt bike
- Electric and Kick starter system
- Stylish look
3. RPS Hawk 250cc 60+ MPH
The RPS Hawk 250cc dirt bike is one of the best 250cc dirt bikes you can find on the market currently.
Powered by a 4-stroke, 229cc, single-cylinder, 5-speed manual transmission engine, this model proves excellent on any road. Whether your choice is an electric or kick starter, this bike comes with both.
Plus, the RPS Hawk is always tracked ready and will deliver a maximum of over 60 mph with the top horsepower of about 15.6/7000rpm.
- Engine- 229cc, 4 Stroke, single-cylinder, air-cooled.
- Horsepower- 15.6/7000rpm
- Maximum Speed- 60+MPH
- Maximum load- 31lbs
- Gas capacity- 3.7 (gal)
- Front Tires- 80/100-21
- Rear tires- 110/100-18
Other 250cc Dirt Bike Brands
Yamaha YZ250F can run at a top speed range between 65 mph to 75 mph, depending on how you are managing it. Yamaha WR250F dirt bike is another Yamaha dirt bike product with maximum speed put at 80 mph. It also features stock gearing.
The Suzuki RM-Z250 is an incredible piece that’s designed to deliver an estimated 85 mph at maximum speed. The Suzuki RM250 Bike behaves almost the same way as its counterpart but with a lesser speed. Powered as a 2-stroke dirt bike, this model can deliver 80 mph.
KTM has two models on this list. The KTM 250 SX-F that promises up to 78 mph and the 2 – stroke, 249cc, single-cylinder, water-cooled KTM 250 SX that delivers an estimated 60 mph.
Frequently Asked Questions
But for a few dirt bikes in this category that reach a top speed of around 71 mph, many of the 250cc dirt bikes we have out there often produced a maximum speed range between 55-68mph.
One thing you must bear in mind is that 250cc engines power not all 250cc dirt bikes. Most of them are a few cubic centimeters less than 250. The majority fall between 229cc and 249cc.
I’d say you should about 5’7 tall to be able to ride a 250cc dirt bike. The average seat height of a 250cc dirt bike is 36 inches.
The next time you’re asked how far a 250cc dirt bike can go, I’m sure you’ll have a ready-made answer for your interrogator. Nevertheless, as the industry continues to expand more and more, makers of dirt bikes look to improve on existing models and come up with features that’ll wow a lot of adventure and motocross bike lovers. Watch out for more information on best dirt bikes for trail riding here.